Cottage Terms and Conditions
Cottage Terms and conditions are as follows.
1. Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. The property must not be used for business purposes (except by prior special arrangement - please contact us for further information) or for gatherings such as weddings or parties.No camping.
2. You may not arrive before 4 pm on the first day of your booking and you must leave by 10 am on the last day.
3. Excluding babies in cots, the number of people sleeping in the property must never exceed the number indicated as capacity for the cottage on our website without our permission.
4. Dogs are allowed only in Herdsman's and Ploughman's.
5.No fireworks shall be taken onto, or let off from, the property. 6. Whilst the information in our price list is correct at the time of going to print, we reserve the right to change any of the prices, services, or other particulars contained in published information at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into any contract.
6. All contracts are created under the law of England and Wales.
Contracts and Warranties
7. Once we have accepted your booking and payment then required, a contract has been entered into, which includes these conditions, and those set out below and such a contract is governed by English law. Payment of all required amounts when they are due is the essence of the contract.
8. When you make a booking you warrant that you are over 18 years old, accept full responsibility for all persons who will use the property during the period booked and have read and understood the relevant part of our current Price List and the Booking Terms and Conditions. Whilst we have used our best endeavours to ensure all information supplied and details of the accommodation are given in good faith, no warranty is given as to their accuracy and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from information given or statements made whether orally or in writing. We give no guarantee or warranty as to the state or condition of the accommodation and will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on our part or any other person, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to personal property which you or any other person may suffer or incur. Although we will use our best endeavours to fix any broken domestic appliances or other equipment/contents as soon as possible, you acknowledge that due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during such period. The clauses of these terms and conditions shall operate on the basis that the terms and conditions and provisions contained within them shall be severable so as to have effect as separate and distinct rights, provisions and obligations independently of the others. In the event that any should be found by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions, which will remain in force.
9. Provisional bookings made by telephone will remain firm provided we receive the amount due within the period agreed at the time of booking (usually one to seven days). Please note that any provisional bookings made by email need to be confirmed over the telephone, or by fax ,or by letter. 10. Bookings must be for our normal booking periods and will not be less than three days or for more than three weeks. In the case of bookings for more than one week, we provide linen and towels for each successive week. PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse a booking at our sole and absolute discretion Payments 11. We accept Switch, Maestro (issued in the UK), Visa, MasterCard and sterling cheques. All payments must be in sterling. Cheques shall be made payable to Soulton Hall.
Loss or Damage
12. When you book, you agree to indemnify us against all loss and damage arising (including unreasonably large amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person or animal accompanying you, and without limitation of the foregoing to pay us forthwith upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning.
13. We shall not be responsible for any loss, or damage to any vehicle or belongings, or injuries sustained by you or any member of your party, save as is provided by statute.
14. If you cancel a booking for any reason, you must notify us in writing, by post or by fax only. The effective date for calculation of any termination fee be by reference to the date at which such notice was received. In addition you will be responsible for any travel costs incurred by you in relation to the booking. We do not operate a cancellation insurance scheme and strongly recommend that you ensure that you have your own appropriate cover.
15. We can in some cases transfer bookings to a new date.
16. We may cancel a booking at any time before the date on which it begins. We would expect to do this only for essential building work or for some other reason unforeseen by us at the time your booking was accepted. In this unlikely event we shall refund in full all money received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability beyond this and, without limitation of the foregoing, we will not have any liability for travel or other costs incurred by you in relation to the booking.
17. We accept no liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on any premises adjoining or neighbouring our property, nor shall we be responsible for making any enquiries about the likelihood of, or providing any information to you about any such works or activity. Access 18.Anyone with our authority may have access during your stay. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does, we will give you as much warning as we can. There will be no need for you to stay in, since our Housekeeper can accompany the visitor. 19. We reserve the right to refuse entry or refuse to hand over the property to any person who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge.
20. In the unlikely event that, for any reason you are not satisfied with the accommodation, you must contact a member of staff without delay to enable us to address the problem immediately. We may ask you to make a witten record of the causes of disatisfaction, and we politely ask that guests do not attempt to dicipline our staff themselves. If you do not notify a complaint prior to your departure we will be entitle us to refuse to entertain any such complaint, irrespective of its merits. Under no circumstances will our liability in respect of any such complaint exceed the rental paid for the accommodation.
21. Our prices include VAT where appropriate. If VAT rates change, we reserve the right to amend our prices accordingly.
22. We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time if these conditions are not met in full.
Click on the thumbnail images below to enlarge photos. Visit the photo gallery page for more images.