Soulton Bluebell Woods
"After a blissfully quiet ramble we came across an adorable gingerbread cottage, which... can be rented out by those seeking absolute respite from other human beings."
At a glance
The cottages were well equipped with all towels, linen, teal towels etc provided for you.
- amazing bluebell wood location
- sleeps 6 (1 twin and two double rooms)
- own garden
- open fire
- pet free
- this cottage has WiFi
- ample parking
More feedback from The Keeper's Cottage guest book can be found here.
The Keeper's Cottage is an enchanting holiday cottage tucked away in the south facing corner of Soulton Wood and enjoys an open country aspect. Accessed off half a mile of private lane, which passes Soulton Brook and winds through Soulton Wood.
The stone core of the cottage dates from the 1500s, but benefits from brick and timber extensions. From the sitting/dining room - which opens onto the private garden - with its open fire, guests can observe the plentiful wildlife and the total quiet of this secluded location.
While the cottage is big enough to accommodate six (two double rooms and a twin room), it is equally perfect for a couple seeking total escape in a romantically secluded location.
This self catering cottage is particularly magical during bluebell time (April and May) and the Autumn (September to November) when the woodland leaves are golden and scarlet. During heavy snow a guest described the setting as ''Narnian''.
The Keeper's Cottage is in the middle of the location described above. It is yours to explore.
Details about the intriguing and beautiful county of Shropshire can be found here.
Situated on the ground floor you will find:
- A fitted kitchen, where you will find extensive cooking utensils, crockery etc. Appliances include an electric oven, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher -important, as you are on holiday.
- A cosy large sitting room with a two big three seat sofas, and a couple of arm chairs. There is also an open fire.
- Off the sitting room is a dining area with dining table for 6.
- The first double bedroom.
- Bathroom, with shower over bath.
- There is also an airing cupboard, which can be useful for drying out boots after country walks.
- 2nd double bedroom;
- a twin bedroom;
There is ample storage in the bedrooms.
Outside, the old sty can provide unsecured storage (e.g. for bikes). There is ample parking for at least three cars.
In this cottage you will find a ground floor bedroom, next to a bathroom. The bathroom is not an adapted bathroom, but there is no need to go upstairs. Access to the property is up one low step. Please refer to cottage and room accessibility statements.