This is a section in the history of Soulton: click here for to other periods.
Circa 1420 Fire & Relocation
Some time between 1390 and 1450, the manor house on the moated site was burnt down. Perhaps by a Welsh raiding party, others prefer to think it was part of the Wars of the Roses.
When the manor house came to be re-built, a dryer, more suitable site was chosen: that of the present Soulton Hall. Originally, this rebuilding constituted a late Medieval/Tudor long house of timber framed construction, remnants of which can be seen in the present Hall. By the mid-1500s, Soulton was lived in by Edward Twyniho.