At a Glance: Soulton Hall
Soulton Hall Hotel is a distinctive place which thrives on personal service.-- Britain's Finest
- Address: Soulton Hall, Near Wem, SHREWSBURY, Shropshire. SY4 5RS. England.
- Telephone: +44 (0)1939 232 786
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.soultonhall.co.uk
- 'Most Excellent Innovation in Sustainable Tourism Award' - Condé Nast Johansens Award Winner 2013
- 'Most Excellent Value for Money' -- Condé Nast Johansens Awards Finalist
- 'Most Romantic UK' -- Condé Nast Johansens Awards Finalist
Guest Accommodation at Soulton Hall
We have the following bed and breakfast rooms in and around Soulton Hall, near Shrewsbury:
- 4 double/twin rooms in Soulton Hall itself, all en suite;
- 2 in the Carriage House (both with en suite spa baths, one with its own sitting room) - these rooms have their own front door and dogs are welcome;
- 1 family suite in the Cedar Lodge (two double rooms and a single room sharing one bathroom, let as one unit);
- 1 four poster suite in the Cedar Lodge.
All our rooms are relatively large and are equipped with double beds, but these rooms are available for single occupancy. There is ample parking at Soulton Hall, in Shropshire.
Soulton Hall Cottages
- Keeper's Cottage is about half a mile from Soulton Hall in a superb woodland location. It has two double rooms and a twin/double room, and there is currently one bathroom with separate WC.
- Shooter's Lodge, also in an open country location yet close by to Soulton Hall, has three en suite double or twin rooms, depending on your instructions.
- Herdsman's Cottage is in open country locations about three quarters of a mile from Soulton Hall. It has a double room and two single rooms.
- Ploughman's Cottage is the 'sister' cottage to Herdsman's. They are a semi-detached pair.
It may be possible to arrange extra beds at the cottages depending upon your party's requirements and the capacity of the cottages, please ask for details. Ample parking is available at the self catering cottages.
Resturant dining at Soulton Hall is exclusively by candle light, with a daily changing menu using our own and local Shropshire food. You can discover more about this here.
Celebrations, Events, Dining, etc
Soulton Court and Soulton Hall presents a diverse venue with many possibilities, being able to comfortably accommodate intimate groups of two, or larger gatherings of 350 or more at balls, family fundays etc. Please get in touch for details.
Setting, History, etc
Soulton Hall, Wem, is an ancient Elizabethan manor house with over a thousand years of history. Enchanting walled gardens and the countryside setting provides much food used in meals at Soulton. It is set in 500 acres of Shropshire country estate under the shelter of the Grade I listed landscape of Hawkstone Park, incorporating Soulton Wood (50 acres of oak woodland recorded in 1086) and over a mile of brook and river bank. Still cared for and cherished as a home by descendants of Sir Rowland Hill, the first Protestant Lord Mayor of London, who built the present hall in 1556.
Sustainability and Farming
The farming operations here, and the operations at Soulton Hall, all prize sustainability as an important long term goal. Most obviously we have installed 204 solar panels, meaning that the Soulton Hall site is a net producer of green electricity. There are plans to build on this over time, including switching to ground source heating.
From time to time there is some modest filming done at Soulton. You can find out more about this here.
- 'Rooms fit for a Princess' -- Sunday Times
- 'A Top 10 Weekend' -- Sunday Times
- 'Magnificent' -- Condé Nast Johansens
- 'Top Ten Bolt Hole' -- Observer and Good Hotel Guide
- 'Iydilic Retreat' -- Sunday Times
- 'oozes history and atmospheric charm' -- Running in Heels Magazine
- 'Where good food flies the flag' -- Shropshire Magazine
- 'Impressive...........' -- The Secret Diner
- 'Thanks to you and everyone at Soulton Hall for looking after us so superbly as usual' -- ITV Productions
- 'A superb country manor...luxurious guest accommodation' -- Country Living Magazine
- 'a peaceful spot in which to just relax' -- Signpost UK Guidebook
A map of this website can be found here.
We have published recent pages of our guest books as follows: